If you need to hire software professionals, why should you entrust Phil Hurd to help you build your team?
- I have been a successful software and information technology recruiter for over 30 years. This is my life’s work because I love it and I’m good at it. I’ve had lots of experience recruiting all sorts of candidates, in all sorts of job market conditions, which increases the chance I can help you find and attract the candidates you want.
- I come from a technical background (BSEE/MSEE) and can understand (and can help you determine and articulate) the key issues and requirements.
- More than 60 LinkedIn recommendations attest to my integrity and effectiveness. I’m happy to provide further references if necessary.
- My emphasis is on quality, not quantity. I do all my own work personally on a focused set of search assignments and clients, and you will receive my time and attention. You won’t have to waste your time explaining things multiple times to new or uninformed people.
- No BS and no sales pressure. I want to make good fits that will benefit your company, not try to jam the wrong person down your throat or play games. I always get candidates’ permission and ascertain interest in your opportunity, before submitting their resume to you. I don’t submit blind resumes, remove contact info for candidates, or otherwise rewrite resumes or hide information.
Recruiting for software engineers, software QA professionals, devops and systems engineers, product managers, and other information technology people. Successfully completed search assignments from “first job out of college” up to and including VP/CTO. Client companies are often startups or smaller companies, but also medium and larger fast-paced entrepreneurial organizations. Mostly contingency search, but also hourly-fee and retained recruiting projects.
A partial, non-exhaustive listing of the technologies and industry verticals I’m involved with:
- Java / J2EE / Java EE
- Ruby on Rails
- Groovy, Grails
- C# / .NET
- Web applications: data-driven, highly-scaled
- Distributed systems
- Big data
- Mobile: iOS, Android
- UI / UX
- Data science
- Cloud computing: public AWS/Azure and private
- Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning, text processing and search technologies
- Adtech, data analytics, healthcare, fintech, enterprise software, consumer, gaming, transaction processing, edtech, bioinformatics/pharma